Friday, September 2, 2011

Four days and counting...

Next week I will be joining Mr. Nanto, Kaela, and Tommy in Japan!  They have been there almost three weeks and they have already settled into our small apartment, explored the neighborhood, and started work and school.

To get to Tokyo, I will first fly to Chicago and then take a 13 hour flight to Tokyo.  Mmm... I wonder how many movies I'll be able to watch on the plane!


Japan is an island nation in Asia.  It is located near Russia, China, and Korea.  From a distance on a large map it may look like one island, but if you take a closer look, you will see that it is actually made up of many, many islands - it is an archipelago.  The four main islands are Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku.    Tokyo, the capital city, is located on the main island of Honshu.  Can you locate Tokyo on this map? 

I am so excited to get to Japan, but I will also miss a lot about life here in Littleton.  I am going to miss my oldest daughter Noelle, who will soon be in college.  I will miss our dog Molly, and Shadow and Yumi, our cats. I will also miss the students and teachers at Russell Street School!  If you were going to be living far from home for a year, what would you miss the most?  

No comments:

Post a Comment